- Weird things actually clean better than typical cleaning supplies. Toilet bowl cleaner is great for cleaning grout! So the grout in our bathroom has been overdue for a good scrubbing for quite some time. I saw on Pinterest that someone used Clorox gel with bleach, let it sit for about 10 minutes, scrubbed it in, then rinse/mop it up and it looks SO much better. Also, apparently oven cleaner works for shower floors. #mindblown
- When using that many strong products in a very small, no-window bathroom... DO wear a mask. We found these lying around and thank goodness because that stuff is strong.
- Also? New parents take any activity and call it a "date" ... cleaning bathrooms with music playing?! TOTALLY a date.
- There will never, ever everrrr be enough hours in the day to do it all. People that claim/act like they do? They're lying ;) I'm okay admitting that I'm perpetually behind on something (usually multiples somethings) at ALL times.
- Changes are scary, no matter how good the change might be. This isn't meant to be all vague or anything, but it's just something I've been thinking of lately. I used to think I welcomed and embraced change. Until my life started really changing in the past year- haha. It's hard to have life as you know it totally shaken up even for good reasons like new jobs, babies, etc.
- Don't spend money on expensive teethers, your kid just wants anything he can shove in his mouth. T will eat/gum/lick just about any item that he can get his hands on. He FINALLY had a tooth pop through this week- PRAISE THE LORD. He's been crabby and whiney and oh my goodness, teeth are the worst. But thank goodness for random books, toy blocks and momma's hoodie drawstrings.
- If you don't meal plan before the week starts you WILL eat way too much garbage. Enough said.
- Make the time to text/email/call/contact/visit a friend or family member regularly. Another thing that I've been working on is staying in touch with the "outside world" as I call it. Being a SAHM can feel very isolating at times... especially now that it's cold and gross out, not as many fun things to go out and do during the day with T. So that little adult interaction worked into my regular routine has helped so much.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. Teething (as mentioned aboved) has made for a difficult couple of weeks and I feel behind on everything (also see above) but I'm still hanging around blogworld when I can! :)