Hey blog friends. Me again, still alive and still existing in this whirlwind of newborn-land. The past 10 days have been the craziest of my life, there is no other way to describe it. You always hear other people talk about this phase of life and imagine how it'll be for you, but until you're in the thick of it there's just no way to fully understand what it will be like. Jared and I are having so much fun figuring out this parenthood thing and I know every day will be a new adventure, a new challenge and a new chance to fall in love with our little guy.
I've learned a lot already in the past 10 days and I just figured I'd share what those things are:
1. Bodily fluids are no longer disgusting when they are your own child's.
2. I can somehow exist sleeping only 2 hours at a time for multiple days in a row.
3. If someone offers to bring you a meal or to run an errand for you- LET THEM.
4. C-sections suck and I would never wish them upon anyone.
5. I'm a terrible patient and hate hospitals. I also have a lot of strong opinions about the medical world, inductions and childbirth now. One day I might be able to post about it all.
6. Life can change overnight and it messes with your mind. Just hold on tight and enjoy the ride.
7. Parenting with Jared is already my favorite thing in the entire world. I have fallen more in love with him every day since T got here.
8. Post-baby body is super weird/fascinating. I lost 20+ pounds the first 10 days (woo!) but everything else looks TOTALLY different.
9. Even though the only things he really does involve sleeping, eating and dirtying up diapers- he is totally our #1 source of entertainment right now.
10. My son is the cutest and I say that about 1,000 times a day. I can't believe he's ours!!
Happy Monday!! :)