I've mentioned it before on this blog but I always love checking out Days of the Year and seeing what random holiday/celebration is taking place that day. There is never a shortage of funny days to celebrate and sometimes I incorporate them into my work day. You know when it's national doughnut day or some other tasty food day I have to celebrate. I also got my office on board with national polka dot day last month which was pretty hilarious.
But today... Oh, today is National Day of Awesomeness and I hope you're all ready to celebrate! As described by the site in super-technical terms, today means:
So today I'm appreciating the awesome things in life:
- Finding an unused gift card in an old purse you haven't use in months. Score!
- Shamrock shakes being back at McDonalds. This is the only time of year I stop in.
- Our kitchen appliances. We upgraded ours in December and the newness still has not worn off. I LOVE them. You know you're an adult when...
- Dog accounts on Instagram. As a non-pet owner but a major dog-lover, I stalk them an obscene amount to get my fix. Pudge the golden is my recent favorite.
- Gifts in the mail from friends for no reason. I don't deserve these people!!
- Freshly washed sheets. No better feeling at the end of a long day.
- Baby kicks/punches to the belly. It never gets old and is not a thing I take for granted.
- Rain/storms on a warm night with the windows open.
- Waking up way too early and realizing you have time to go back to sleep for another hour.
- Blog comments. Totally not dropping any hints or anything like that ;)
So there you have it. Pretty much anything goes today. Celebrate your awesome self, your awesome friends, something awesome you heard on the radio this morning. Doesn't matter- just appreciate the things in life that made you say, "Awesome!" today