Yesterday was National Tell the Truth Day. Yes, there is a day for everything and yes, I am obsessed with that silly website. So many times blogging and social media only choose to show the good side of our lives. We pick the best pictures, only tell the positive stories and many behind the scenes topics and happenings are left out. I try to be pretty transparent on my blog, but even I'm guilty of that from time to time. So today, I'm telling the truth. I would have told you yesterday, but normal life got in the way of blogging. See? Truth, right there! ;) Plus I'm pretty sure we confess things on Wednesdays (is there a link up still?) so what better time to spill my guts?
- Some areas of my life are extremely organized, but as a result others are super neglected. It's like I can't get everything together all at once.
- I truly don't know what I want to do with my life, still. I often struggle with feeling like a failure in various aspects of life because I'm not sure where it's going and I don't know what my next move should be.
- I own multiple plush Disney characters and I'm not ashamed to admit that.
- In the mornings I ALWAYS wake up craving salty items. That's not normal, I'm sure. I've been to known to eat pretzels or chips as my breakfast in the past.
- Our house is 35 years old and most of the furniture in it is from Craig's List or yard sales. Most of the time I feel good about those deals we snagged, other times I find myself being jealous of people with nicer things. I hate the feeling of jealousy- ugh!
- I thought once we paid off our debt we'd feel rich- but I still don't.
- Babies scare me. I'm worried I'll either break them and/or they'll have bodily fluids on me if I hold them for more than 5 minutes.
- However- I rock with toddlers. I'd adopt ten 3-4 year olds right now if I could :)
- But speaking of kids? Stop asking me when we're having them. Please, for the love of all things!!!
- I'm addicted to stupid TV. Housewives, Lifetime movies, Teen Mom... we recently got rid of Netflix so I wouldn't be as tempted to spend hours vegging out when I have a free day.
- I rarely do anything 'nice' with my hair or makeup. I don't know how people spend so much time getting ready every.single.day. It feels like a waste of time for me. Dry hair and basic makeup is enough for me.
- This post got more serious than I intended it to be, but sometimes you just gotta lay it all out there right?
So tell the truth. Share the good, the bad, the exciting and the scary. We're all human and no one has it all together, all the time.