Good Morning! Today I'm doing a little goal check-in; I wasn't sure if I'd keep up with these kind of posts in 2015, but I can't help it- I love them. I enjoy writing them and also reading everyone else's to-do lists as well. It gives me ideas of things to work on and motivates me to work on my own. I feel like I really did good in January overall, but I majorly slacked on the goal I had deemed most important, so that part sucks. Let's review:
In January I hoped to:
Finish the book I'm writing. It's not done, and who knows when it will be done. Sometimes I get really disappointed in myself for not making more time for something that I claim is my "dream" ya know? Maybe I'm not cut out for it... or maybe I'll hit a wild streak of creativity next month, ya' never know, I guess.
Give up all pop/energy drinks. Not quite there... I think I only had a few this whole month, but cutting them out completely is the ultimate goal.
In February I hope to:
- Lose at least 5 pounds. I really want to get back to a healthy weight. I'm tired of fluctuating!
- Work out at least 2x before work EACH week. I did this yesterday and it made my whole day better. I've gotta' remember that feeling!
- Read 2 books. I think 3 in a month is a little lofty for me, so we'll stick with two.
- Rework our budget and financial goals. We've talked a lot about our plans now that our student loans are gone, but I'm ready to put it all out on paper and really focus in on what our next steps are.
- Continue the decluttering. We did really good in the fall donating a lot of stuff, but didn't really do any of that last month. I'm ready to keep clearing out the junk we don't need and making our house more enjoyable to be in.
- Celebrate Valentine's Day. It doesn't matter how, but I just want to do something small/creative for Jared this year. Last year's $1 gift was a big hit so maybe I'll craft something again.
It's a short month so I don't want to overload myself with expectations, but I think these six goals are good ones to focus on for the next 24 days. I was talking to a friend recently and we both decided that since February is so short and there's really nothing going on (for me anyway!) this should be the month we get our lives in order. I'm ready to rock this month and set myself up for lots of fun in the coming months ;) What are you accomplishing in February?