Here we are again! The fresh start of a new month. The time we all feel most inspired to get our lives together and get stuff crossed off our lists. Posting my monthly goals has definitely helped me get better and better at sticking with them, the longer I've done it. It holds me accountable and even if no one else reads it or cares? It makes me get things done, which feels great. Here's a quick look at my September goals and how I did!
4. Make a cleaning schedule. This didn't happen. Even with Steph trying to help me, I failed on this one. To our credit, Jared and I have been following along a weekly to-do list much better, but we still need to come up with a set routine.
6. Go on a fun/unique date with Jared. This didn't happen, and now I'm sad! Sure, we got to go to a Buckeyes game, but we didn't plan anything new or different this month. Big fat fail!
8. Finish my 2012 photobook. While I made progress on it, it did NOT get finished. Add that to the October list ;)
I feel pretty good about September and what we got done and hope to keep on rollin' into October; or, as Jared and I have been calling it #ROCKtober ;)
1. Finish that 2012 photobook. See, it's going FIRST on the list so I can't put it off anymore. They are so fun to make and have but seriously THE most time-consuming thing ever!
2. Visit a fall farm and/or festival with Jared. I'm ready to run through cornfields, pick out pumpkins and drink fresh apple cider. Bring it on, October!
3. Do another day of freezer cooking. My August freezer day definitely helped our sanity and our wallets - so I'm due to stock us up again. Since October is National Chili Month and I never, ever get sick of chili, I think a double (or triple) batch will definitely make the list this time!
4. Celebrate Halloween. You long-time readers will remember that Jared's cousin throws an awesome Halloween party every year, but last year we were out of town for it. This year I'm looking forward to coming up with awesome costumes, and maybe even actually passing out candy for trick-or-treaters. My feelings might have changed since last year.
5. Be crafty! Whether I actually attempt to get my sewing machine out of the box, or just whip up something fun for our house, I want to step away from the computer/phone some this month and actively do something creative and different. I have a whole closet full of craft supplies that are getting dusty!
6. Buy 2 more Christmas presents. I don't want that financial burden OR that stress come December, so I'm trying to gradually shop for people as I see good deals or find something I know someone will love. Little by little!
7. Get to the gym 18 times. This sounds/looks crazy to type it out, but last month I logged 14 workouts and it really felt great. I want to keep pushing myself every.single.month. I want to continually get healthier and feel better. I'm on the path and don't ever want to stray from it again!
8. Rock this Blog! September was a "weak" blogging month for me, but right now I feel like I'm overflowing with ideas and inspiration- so let's hope we can translate that into rockin' blog posts!
Did you post any goals for this month, or for the fall season?