I'm convinced I wouldn't make it through one day without a to-do list (or three), let alone an entire month. Typing them out makes them feel more real and more attainable. Plus, I always love when someone comments and let me know what their monthly goals are and if they posted about them, too. I'm the classic Type-A person who can only get things done with a list in front of me. The more lists the better, I say! ;)
Let's check in on August's goals and see how I did first:
1. Do a day of freezer cooking. Check! Did it once and planned for a second one- check out what I made here.
2. Complete a 30 day fitness challenge. So I was goingggg to do this push-up challenge. And I made it maybe 10 days in before I basically forgot about it. In my defense, I was working out a lot this month and constantly had sore muscles. However, I still want to get better at push-ups so I'm going to keep chugging away at them!
3. Go the entire month without drinking pop. I only had TWO this whole month. Let's go for ZERO in September. I get a 'check' for improvement!
4. Write 10,000 words in my book. Let's just say, this didn't happen. Moving on.
Sooooo yeah- August was rough on the goals, apparently. Just keeping it real. I let work get me down way too much and although I'm sure I had plenty of time for many of those things, I just didn't make 'em happen. I guess that means I need to double up on the checklists and seriously get stuff done this month, huh?! Here's my plan:
1. Have a no-spend(ish) month. It's easy to let little purchases add up, and the closer we get to being debt-free, the easier it seems for us to justify small things. There are a few things on the calendar that we'll "have" to spend money on, but I want to pay a lot closer attention to our bank account in September. Sweet victory is so near!
2. Reach some weight-lifting milestones. I always have a hard time making fitness related goals, so this one is a bit generic. Jared has been training me hard and I'm starting to see little improvements in how much I can lift and what I can do at the gym. Just over the weekend I tried a weight I didn't think I could do and totally surprised myself by being able to do 6 reps! I want to keep pushing and find out what I'm capable of.
3. Update some pages/tabs on my blog. Funny how I always have time to work on other people's blogs and then put mine on the back burner looking like a mess ;) No major changes on the horizon, but a few things are driving me nuts and need updated!
4. Make a cleaning schedule. I'll be the first to admit as much as I love my lists and organization, I cannot seem to get into a normal cleaning routine. Which then stresses me out. And then I'm too stressed to clean. But my house is a disaster! And I can't find anything! And I don't know where to start! So I wreak havoc on my entire house and then vow to never let it get that bad again... but it does, all too soon. Anyone have a great schedule they live by??
5. Read another book. A girl's gotta make me-time and I refuse to let football compleeeetely take over my life. Some quiet reading and an amazing candle are good for the soul.
6. Go on a fun/unique date with Jared. Date nights are always budgeted for so it's time Jared and I actually get out and do something together that doesn't involve renting a movie or going to the gym together. I have a couple of things in mind that I'm excited about and hope we can make them fit into our busy schedule!
7. Make two new recipes. This is always sorta' on my radar, as I'm trying to add more and more to our dinner menu and find new, healthy things we like. The ole' favorites are surely sticking around, but I want to try at least two different ones this month and see if if we can find another delicious dinner option for us!
8. Make plans with Amanda. My college friend (Hi, Amanda! I know you're a faithful reader! :)) and I go way too long in between our hangouts and we've been texting about finding a date to get together. This month we WILL pick a date ma'am! Girl time is necessary.
9. Finish my 2012 photobook. You all have heard me mention these dozens of times, and I'm still chipping away at my photobooks little by little. I'm hoping if I can finish 2012 this month, that gives me the rest of the year to do 2013. You know... before it's 2015! #neverending
10. Make this blog rock. My content and consistency was definitely down in the past month, so I'm hoping to have lots of engaging and exciting stuff in September!