When you think of summer you often think of being extra-lazy, spending your days by the pool, going to every fun event you can find and generally not being productive in other areas of your life. However, since I'm weird and don't like to do anything the "normal" way I've apparently taken the summer months to really tackle quite a few goals and to-do's. Let's take a look at how I did on July's goals. (By the way, I'm stealing my friend Carolyn's format of goals. Red = fail, green = success!)
1. Completely pay off our 2nd to last loan. You guys, we missed this one by like... a hair. I'm serious. We'll be finishing up the last payment on this loan THIS WEEK, so we definitely made progress on it but didn't quite get there. More details to come from Sallie & Perkins next week.
2. Get after it in the gym. I am giving myself major props on this one. I got in at least 3 workouts a week and made them really count too. The workouts kicked my butt and I loved every second of sweating it out in the gym and while pounding the pavement too.
3. Keep chugging away at that book of mine. I'm giving myself a 'green' for this one, but I know I definitely need to chug a little faster this coming month. I wrote about 5,000 words this month which is still great, but I'd like to set aside more time to focus and write creatively instead of always for the blog. It's hard to balance!
4. Actually have a garage sale! Fail. July, you just got entirely too busy. Our calendar filled up faster than anything... we definitely crammed WAY too much into July so the garage sale just didn't happen.
And now on to...
1. Do a day of freezer cooking. I've done bulk/freezer cooking a few times now and it's always SUCH a time-saver. The next few months are about to be very busy for Jared and I so the more meals I can have prepped, the less time we have to spend cooking and cleaning during the week. Our time together already feels so limited (Boo, jobs!) so I know this will help!
2. Complete a 30 day fitness challenge. I'm a couple days behind, but I'm planning to catch up so I can finish this month. While I plan to keep up with my normal workouts, I thought it would be fun to do an every day challenge- so even on those days I don't get a "real" workout in, I'm doing something. There are SO many out there but I'm giving this one a try as I have no upper body strength. And no, I will not be doing the one-arm variation like this girl!
3. Go the entire month without drinking pop. This habit has dramatically improved in the past year but I still need help. We don't buy pop/keep it in the house, but anytime there is a cold Mountain Dew at a party or work event, it's way too easy for me to grab one. I'm hoping if I can go an entire month I can completely break the nasty habit.
4. Write 10,000 words in my book. Bigggg goal. Huuuuge goal... and it's scary just to type that, but I'm ready to do big things! I need to stay on track if I want to finish this book up in 2014. And I do, ohh, I do!
5. Cross off at least one thing on our passport. If you missed it, I made Jared a local passport of dates for us and we haven't done nearly enough since I gave it to him back in May for our anniversary. I'm excited to try something new together this month, whatever it ends up being!
6. Finally have that garage sale. We've rescheduled it about a dozen times. Let's see if we can make it happen in August ;)
What's on your to-do list this month? Is there a monthly goals link up out there somewhere? I love seeing what's on everyone else's goal list. ***Update, found a link up here!