The eighth day of the month isn't too late to post my goals, is it? With the extra long weekend (I had yesterday off too, holler!) I feel like I'm definitely playing catch up now… but those extra days off were completely worth it. For once in my lifetime, the weekend felt LONG. I had time to relax and have fun, time to get things done and time to spare, even! But now it's back to the grind. Let's see how I did with those June goals.
1. Kiss debt goodbye. CHECK. Sallie & Perkins had a solid month in June. Celebrating the one-year of debt elimination really lit a fire in us and we pushed hard last month. More details to come soon!
2. Finish a book. CHECK. I read two actually! And I just got an email letting me know my next book is available to download… excuse me while I get lost in another Karen Kingsbury series.
3. Work on MY book. CHECK. I didn't keep a specific log or record of how much I wrote this month, but I definitely made it more of a priority in June. It feels good to be getting the crazy mess of ideas in my head onto paper… er, a word document, if you will. Maybe one day all these thoughts will actually make sense and someone will publish it :)
4. Improve my running speed. FAIL. I will be honest, I didn't do a ton of running this month. I worked out here and there but the gym started to forget who I was in June. Oops!
5. Send some snail mail. CHECK. I sent 3-4 different pieces in the mail last month and had so much fun doing it. It was fun to hear people's reactions to a "just because" card and I hope to keep it up.
And now on too….
1. Completely pay off our 2nd to last loan. We are SO close to being down to one student loan, but it will take some serious dedication to pay off this other guy first. Hoping Jared and I can stay focused and fired up this month.
2. Get after it in the gym. June snuck away from me, but no more excuses. Back to hitting the gym hard… sometimes before work, sometimes after, sometimes taking evening walks, revisiting Zumba classes. Whatever it takes to get me excited and motivated again, I need to do it!
3. Keep chugging away at that book of mine. I know the fall will be here before we know it, and that's when my free time is much more limited. I'd like to get as much done now as I possibly can. Come on creativity!
4. Actually have a garage sale! This has been on our to-do list for an embarrassingly long time, but it's time is actually happened. Jared and I have been decluttering, sorting and purging stuff for months now and we have a good amount of things I'm hoping to sell later this month. Now let's just pray for a good-weather weekend and we'll be in business ;)
What are your goals for the month??