Can someone start a new Friday link-up? It seems all the ones I participate in or have done in the past are just getting huuuuuuge and I'm not sure how much actual clicking around/hopping is getting done. Anyone out there have any ideas? I'd love to get one started... or learn about a smaller one that maybe I haven't seen yet? :)
Nevertheless, it's Friday and I feel like I've got a lot to be thankful for this week. It was the same ole, same ole at the office all week, which can make the hours drag, but so many other things have brought me joy this week I just feel like I could bust! And I know you're all just dying to know what those things are so here we go:
1. This weekend! The obvious choice, of course. Jared and I get to hang with some family friends that we haven't seen in months and months and months. I truly think it might have been August when we saw them last! Unacceptable. I'm glad we're changing that tomorrow!
2. Blog-friend-turned-real-life-friend-Allison announcing her pregnancy with some of THE cutest pictures ever. I'm so happy for her and Drew and cannot wait to see her next week for (another) much overdue catch-up session. Fun fact- our last get together was in February and she was already pregnant but I didn't know it!!!!
3. New running shoes! I have been talking about needing new shoes forever now and last weekend I finally bit the bullet and got some. I accidentally fell in love with a $100 pair of Brooks, but even though they were like wearing comfy marshmallows on my feet, I couldn't justify the price. I'm glad I held off though because I found some babies on clearance at the Nike Outlet for dirt cheap and they were the last ones in my size. It was fate. I've run in them a few times already and they are PERFECT.
4. I worked out every single day this week! Mon-Fri! That is not something normal for me, but I'm hoping it becomes the new normal. Jared and I have been better about mixing up our workouts, some days cardio, some days weights and I even did Zumba once this week. How are everyone's goals going for the #4weeksfit challenge? Don't forget to use the hashtag- I've enjoyed checking in on you all!
5. I get to see my one-and-only adorable niece SO soon. I've been counting down the days for awhile now and I know I'm just going to spoil her silly when I finally get my hands on her. I'm sorry in advance, sis! ;)
6. The blog design business is busy, busy, busy and I wouldn't have it any other way. I finally updated my page so if you haven't checked it out in awhile- please do.
7. I love when Jared and I's paydays fall on the same day. We're on different pay schedules, so it doesn't always work out this way, but this week it did. While I'd love to spend all that money in one place, you know we'll be putting it towards those pesky student loans. But still... for about 24 hours we feel "rich" and it's a fun feeling.
8. New delicious recipes. I made a mexican-style quinoa dish for our lunches this week. Bonus- it's a one pan dish! I'll share full details next week, promise! You're gonna' want it ;)
Well, I guess 8 things seems like a good number to stop at today.
Happy Friday! What are you thankful for this week???