As I'm now a professional at being a 27-year-old (two days in and no mistakes so far!) I wanted to look back at the year of 26. Anna always does cute posts like this around her birthday and I wanted to join in and do the same type of post she did. A post about the 26 best things that happened in my 26th year:
1. Spent my 26th birthday in DisneyWorld.
2. Met Robin while in DisneyWorld
3. I became an Aunt for the first time ever to the most precious baby girl in the world :)
4. Caleb and Kayla got married and Jared and I both got to celebrate with them and be a part of their bridal party!!
5. Jared and I celebrated 2 whole years of wedded bliss on May 28th.
6. Sallie & Perkins got introduced on the blog and we really got the ball rolling on our debt. It's amazing to see how far we've come since then!
7. Got tickets to see Game 6 of the Pacers v. Heat playoffs. Definitely an awesome game that I'll never forget!
8. Visited the state of Arkansas for the first time ever and spent a long weekend with Jared's family.
9. Watched Jared tear it up in his work's softball tournament. I love watching my man play sports!
10. Attended a fun (and cheap!) local festival with Jared. I also got recognized by a blog reader for the first time ever, which made me feel pretty darn cool ;)
11. Roadtripped to Memphis to see some of our good friends get married.
12. Was gifted tickets and able to attend my first ever Ohio State Buckeyes game!! Talk about an EXPERIENCE! My love for college football grew this day.
13. Attended an AWESOME Cincinnati blate and got to meet tons of awesome gals from the area.
14. Roadtripped to visit my sister, brother-in-law and niece for a short weekend. It a whirlwind trip, but so worth it!
15. Helped throw a surprise birthday party for Jared's brother Caleb; Also discovered my absolute favorite cheeseball recipe that weekend. Clearly, a day worth remembering ;)
16. Celebrated Jared's birthday with a full day of fun and trying out a fancy restaurant in town. Yummm!
17. Celebrated Jared's official 28th birthday with a simple night at home and realized simple is okay!
18. Hosted our first ever Friendsgiving and hope to make this an annual tradition now!
19. Actually got a Thanksgiving "break" for the first time in 4 years, and celebrated as much as possible.
20. Our house losing power became a semi-regular thing, so Jared & I learned to make the best of it... most of the time ;)
21. Jared and I got to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and enjoy a Christmas-y date downtown.
22. Picked a theme for the upcoming year and I'm still standing by it. I wanted to challenge myself in the year ahead and so far, so good ;)
23. Rang in 2014 in a way we hadn't before: pajamas, puzzles and on the couch... just Jared and I. It was different and not what we expected to do for NYE, but we loved it just the same.
24. Really started pushing myself to try to "be" a runner... My hip pain has slowed me down a little, but I'm still working on it!
25. Went to Disney, again! ;) What can I say? It's an easy place to get addicted too!
26. Took the couples trip of a lifetime with Jared and our BFFs to Punta Cana just a week before my birthday. It's a week I'll cherish forever!
It's fun to break down a year like that, and see what all I really did in just a year's time. A year really isn't that long in the grand scheme of things, but I feel like I try to pack as much fun into that 365-day-window as I can, each and every year. Looking forward to the adventures and excitement that the year of 27 will be sure to bring me :)