Yesterday was my half-birthday making me officially 27.5 years old. I jokingly told Jared we had to celebrate such a milestone (really I was just hoping he'd treat me to Chipotle). He replied with, "Well, of course we have to celebrate. Starting tomorrow you are now closer to 30 than you are to 25."
WHAT?! Closer to 30?! What is it about that number that sounds so terrifying sometimes? Just the initial thought of being "close" to 30 was weird. Back when I was a teenager, maybe even twenty, 30 sounded so old to me, like 30 means you're an adult and boring and life's about over. But now? 30 kinda' sounds fun. I'm 27.5 and have never felt better! I can tell you this, I'm no where close to old. I love the statement that age is just a state of mind and that you're only as old as you feel. I feel young, very young! Jared's comment got me thinking about all the things I'm NOT too old for:
- Watching animated Disney/Pixar movies regularly. With our movie collection you'd think we had kids or ran a daycare or something- but no, I just love them!
- Or watching ridiculous YouTube videos and getting sucked in for hours watching the dumbest things. I should be embarrassed at how late I've stayed up doing this, but I'm not!
- Eating any form of a holiday Reese cup. Pumpkins, Christmas trees, Easter eggs... you name it, if I see one while I'm out I'm going to grab a few. They are more fun to eat, I swear.
- Speaking of Christmas, I don't know about you- but "Santa" still delivers one gift to me on Christmas morning each year. He always seems to know exactly what Jared and I would want, but I'm always still surprised ;)
- Kiddy rides at an amusement park. I love a good rollercoaster, sure, but there's just something I still love about getting on the slow-moving train ride or the swing carousel.
- Cleaning my house to any random boy band Pandora station. When Jared's gone, you better believe those jams are cranked up and I sing and dance right along with every 90s song I can.
- Eating cereal for dinner. Hey, sometimes it happens.
- You know what else happens? Having $1 lunchable for your work lunch when you forgot to pack anything and running into Target is your closest/cheapest option.
- Making ridiculous videos on your computer. Lip-syncing, karaoke, dance parties- you name it, they're on my computer. Life is way too short to not act a little silly, don't you think?
- Taking pictures and/or giving high-fives to mascots and characters. Theme parks, high school sporting events, festivals- I don't care! I'm not too cool or too old to enjoy a hug from someone in a furry suit!
- Dressing up for Halloween. It's not just for the kids- everyone should participate! I love an excuse to put together a costume every year and just have fun!
So how old do I feel? I'm not sure, but at this point I don't care! And because a blog post isn't complete without a good quote/picture, I'll leave you with one of my favorites :)